Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vintage Omega Seamaster 300

Someone has already wrote a good write-up on how to spot an original Omega Seamaster 300. As an owner of 2 Original Seamaster 300, and my passion for this particular watch, I love to look into details of this beautiful watch. And I have observed the following that can be found on an ORIGINAL vintage Seamaster 300 DIAL:
Look at the 12 and the 6 hour marker. I do not understand why, but the originalVINTAGE (I am not talking about reproduction pieces made by Omega)dial, has a little small hole at the 12 and the 6 hour marker luminious. It is found at the centre of the luminious spot. I do not know why. BUT, I stress and emphasis this point: AN ORIGINAL, UNTOUCHED, Vintage will have this little hole.
But IF that watch doesn't have it, it might be:
1) Redial/ fake stuff!2) Relumed (Which I will also advised to stay away)3) Original butReproduction dial by Omega (why bother buying one vintage watch but spots areproduced dial then?)4) Other possiblities but, personally, I will give it a pass....
Hope this helps! Anyway, if any part of the Seamaster 300 watch already has those tell-tale signs like, pointed "A" on the word "WATERPROOF" on the caseback, hour markers has the minute indices extended, etc, etc... then there is no need for extra details of checking the "hole" issue! :-)
In any case, happy watch hunting ferlas!
Best Rgds,
Luciano_watches

No comments:

Post a Comment