Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Charge the right shipping!

Learning to charge the right shipping cost takes some research, but it isn't as hard as some people think!
I started looking into shipping cost when I got tired, as a buyer, of paying too much for shipping!
Everyone is looking for a great deal. There are a lot to be found on okay, but when considering what you would pay for an item, one must include the cost of the shipping too. You want to save by online purchasing. If it costs the same in the store as it does online then it's cheaper in the end to buy it at the store.
What I did that really works? Check out the USPS website and print out shipping cost for priority, parcel, and first class mail. You can also get the rates for overseas shipping. I purchased a postal scale and weigh my items and reference back to my printed listing to find actual shipping cost. I never have to charge a customer more than what it will really cost to ship!
Remember!!! Flat rate boxes that ship at $4.05 or $8.10 are great for multiple items! The flat rate the USPS charges is regardless of weight and destination! I personallyprefer shippingin this manner!
Also, many sellers believe they have to purchase their shipping boxes. NOT SO!! On the USPS website, you can order your priority envelopes and boxes and they are free! The USPS will even deliver these directly to your door!
Remember: The easiest way to pass along savings to your customers is to save them on your shipping cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment