Sunday, September 11, 2011

Selling a broken Xbox?

Over the years I've had a couple of Xboxes die on me. Repair parts can be so expensive that getting another broken Xboxcontaining the part I need and swapping out my dead part can be cheaper than buying the replacement part by itself. If only your listing would tell me what I need to know.
When was your Xbox made? Many parts won't interchange between different versions.There's a sticker on the back with a manufacturing date on it.
Has the console been opened? There are 4 rubber feet and two stickers with screws under them. Are the rubber feet still there and the stickers intact?
"Broken Xbox for sale. Doesn't read discs" tells me nothing. What happens when you boot it up? Do you get "your Xbox needs service" in different languages with a numeric error code (such as 07 [dead hard drive])in the upper left? Or does it just say "disc may be dirty or defective" onscreen? There's a difference.
What were you doing just before it died? Playing Half-Life2 in a thunderstorm? Watching it bounce down the stairs? Soldering in a mod chip? I wanna know.
"Broken Xbox. Won't power up". OK you got me there. But......if I buy it, put in another power supply and it boots to an error screen, I'm not going to be a happy okayer. Was it having problems so you decided to open it up and "clean" it before the power supply went out? Or was it OK one day and no power-up the next?
The less information your listing gives, the more I want to surf right past it.

No comments:

Post a Comment