Thursday, August 6, 2009

Red Barron Choppers

For those of you that are thinking about buying a Red Barron/DHC frame from ebay. STOP. And read the disscussion below. Not only have I had horrible experience with them, they have bad reviews posted all over the internet. Here is my experience. I had a similar problem with DHC. I bought a frame (Switchblade 250) off eBay around the same time as you did and it took over 7 weeks to get it. No updates or anything from DHC/Red Barron. They are one of the companies that will take your money first and then build the part. I have had noting but problems with the frame. I have had to cut the frame to get the engine to fit. I had to cut the upper motor mount to get the Engine to fit. It doesn't come with axle stops, so I ordered some from them so I could weld them on, and they sent me galvanized hex bolts to weld on the frame. Most recently, and the reason I have posted this is that I went to install a set of forward controls and the left side tapped holes are off center for the controls to mount. I tried both a set of PM controls, and a set of Hammer Customs (Which by the way are excellent controls). I called DHC/Red Barron and Daniel Howe told me that they have been getting lots of calls about the same problem and that all aftermarket parts are not the same design, and that they can't make it to fit all. Everyone knows that this is a line of S**t. All 3-bolt configurations are the same. The holes that DHC drilled and tapped are just off enough to not work. DHC didn't offer to send a new plate to weld on. They told me to drill out the holes and bolt them on with nuts on the back. POOR CRAFTSMANSHIP. I would NOT Recommend this builder. They are seedy and inexperienced. When it comes down to it, they are an armature in a big boys business. They don't build quality products and offer poor customer service. DONT BUY FROM THIS BUILDER.



Orignal From: Red Barron Choppers

No comments:

Post a Comment