Sunday, August 30, 2009

Safe Harbor and Invoice.com

I agreed to buy an ATV that was listed but then was gone. I had the sellers email address and so I sent an email asking if the item was still for sale. She said it was and I emailed again, lets do it. I then got an invoice from "ebay@invoice.com" instrycting me on how the trNSaction would be completed. I was to wire the money to an account at the Bank of America in Maryland, where the safeharbor people would hold the money until I got the atv. When I got it I would have 3 days to inspect it, then let them know if it was what I thought it would be and then they would release the money to the aeller. The also had me fax a copy of the wire form to a number so they could check with Bank of America to see if it had arrived. Then I got an email from the seller saying she got an email from ebay that I had paid and she said she would ship it today (9/11/06). I emailed asking for shipping details, but I have yet to get a reply from the seller who is located in southern California. Ebay has been no help in telling me if this is how they handle these transactions. Should I go to the FBI and report wire fraud? I hate to do that until I know more because what if it's legit? A co-worker said the email is a fake because it came from invoice.com. I have emailed them as well, but have yet to hear from them. All I get from ebay is standard computer generated stuff, nothing personal to my situation. Please advise....


Orignal From: Safe Harbor and Invoice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment