Sunday, August 30, 2009

Carb diaphragms

Hello all. Never posted to the m/c boards before, but really need some help. I have a '91 Venture Royale. It always ran perfectly, up until a few weeks ago. I put the choke on, started it, and it only ran at 1000 RPM, instead of the usual 2500 - 3000RPM. Sounded rough too. Once I took off the choke, it would barely idle, and would quit within a minute. Doesn't run at all without the choke on now. (Sounds like a vacuum leak to me). I checked all the line/hoses, boots, and all look good. I managed to get one of the diaphragms out, and there is a pinhole in it. Two questions:1. Does this sound like the problem? (I'll find out how the other three diaphragms look once I finally get the covers off)2. Can this be repaired with a fuel resistant silicone type sealer, or do I really need to shell out the $300 for diaphragms? Thanks,Doug


Orignal From: Carb diaphragms

No comments:

Post a Comment