Monday, August 24, 2009

Ultima 65mm Inverted Fork Problems

Just wanted to issue a warning to ebayers intending to purchase or sell Ultima's new 65mm inverted front ends. As a retailer of this product, I think it is very important that everyone is aware of a potentially dangerous situation. I recently sold and installed a set of these forks. Upon installation, I noticed a MAJOR design flaw in the axle and axle retaining portion of the forks. The design will allow the axle to slide from side to side if any heavy side loads are applied, i.e. high speed cornering. I noticed this problem and brought it to the attention of the manufacturer. I was told an "engineer" would be in contact with me to discuss the problem. No return call. I contacted them a second time and got the same answer. Still, no return call. I thought I found a way to prevent the problem and naively installed the forks anyway. About 75 miles after the bike left, the wheel walked to the left and locked up the wheel and caused a crash. I am now in a huge mess over this, and while I am taking full responsibility over what happened, I am very angry that the manufacturer has yet to contact me about the problem. The short of this is, until Ultima fixes the problem, be aware of the potential dangers here. As a retailer, you could be named in a lawsuit. As a consumer, you could end up with serious injuries or even death. Sorry to be a downer, but I just want to see everyone safe. Keep the rubber side down.


Orignal From: Ultima 65mm Inverted Fork Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment