Sunday, August 2, 2009

Newbie here... looking for advice

Hi y'all! I'm visiting from the Miscellaneous Board. (shhh, don't tell them!). I'm taking the Beginner's Motorcycle Safety Course next weekend. It's at the local technical college ($160 vs. Harley's $360!), and the course directory doesn't really say what to expect other than one day of classroom and one day of practice. Can you tell me anything that might be helpful before I go? I should mention, I'm female. I'm 27, 5'6", 130 lbs. I'm tired of riding b*tch on my boyfriend's bike and want one of my own. I'd normally ask him for advice, but I want getting my license to be a surprise. He wants me to get a Nightster someday. I casually mentioned I'd rather have a V-Rod, as I like the shape/silhouette better. He laughed and said I shouldn't get something with that much power. Which leads me to my next question... What's a good bike for a girl my size? I'll eventually go to the dealership and "try some on", but I doubt a salesperson will have my best interests in mind when it comes to selling a bike. He's got a 2007 Street Bob, which I believe is about 680 pounds.. and I don't know that I could lift even that if I dumped it. Am I S.O.L. here??? Thanks!



Orignal From: Newbie here... looking for advice

No comments:

Post a Comment