Thursday, July 16, 2009

motorcycle fever for 8 months- down and out in GA

I am 36, mechanic in my youth,and now a maintanence man. Forbiden to get one in my youth ,dad a preacher ,mother a school teacher so I played along.I got married young ,kids soon their after ,and always just getting by, or JOB-just over broke.Now older letting my wife go back to school for RN full time. I am now the main bread winner, she works part time to help out,but money is tight.I had bought a 81 kawasaki kz305 from a A1 towing .I had to free up the motor ,sitting for six years. I spent 5 months rebuilding it , carbs,points, wheel bearings ect. I got it running ,and driveable,and road it for about a month befor the motor locked up.The plastic gear that opporated the oil pump went out.I am now back to square one,spending 150.00 in gas to go to work 50 miles round trip,shoe string budget,and three old cars not good on gas. I like the older bikes. they handle better,just because I couldnt have one does not mean I didnt ride in my youth. Looking for any good deals



Orignal From: motorcycle fever for 8 months- down and out in GA

No comments:

Post a Comment