Saturday, July 18, 2009

Any advice for a Newbie rider....

Thanks for the advice a few months back on my bike. I bought a Buell Blast, and after a crying jag in the showroom of House of Harley over the color of the decals (I know, I know, that's wimmin for ya!), all is well. Except..... I took the ABATE class and got my license about three years ago, but was not in a position to buy a bike at that time. No one I knew had a bike small enough for me, so I just flat out didn't ride. I was nervous about driving my new bike home, so I had someone else drive it for me. I have since brushed up on the basics, had the same friend take me to a big 'ol parking lot a few times to get a feel for the bike, and now ride it around my neighborhood a few nights a week. My dilemma is a slight apprehension about taking it out on the "real road", meaning past the stop light to the honest-to-God-four lane-road-and-beyond my comfort zone. Any words of advice? Encouragement? Anything?



Orignal From: Any advice for a Newbie rider....

No comments:

Post a Comment