Friday, September 11, 2009

Problem Title, Need Help

Maybe one of yall nice fellas can steer me in the right direction. A while back I bought a motorcycle from my stepbrother, who lived in Bristol Tennessee. So I drove from Florida to Tennessee to pick up the bike and visit for a few days. He had the bike titled in Tennessee and gave me the title. When I got back to Florida I rode the bike to the local DMV office to transfer the title, and found out the vin didnt match the title. Florida verifies the vin before the title is issued. Apparently Tennessee does not. He bought the bike at a shop that was on consignment. To make matters worse he passed away shortly after and now I dont know how to title this bike. The only thing I can think of is the shop gave him a title for a different bike and since they dont verify the vin, Tennessee issued the title. I do not even know what shop sold the bike so I am at a dead end. Does anyone know how I could resolve this. I could use any and all advice on this matter. I would hate to buy a frame with title so I can ride it legally.


Orignal From: Problem Title, Need Help

No comments:

Post a Comment